Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It started out with a hanger and ended up with a bed... =)

I should be working on the last floors in my house.. But I don't want to =) I just want to be done and start decorating... But I will start, soon ;)
Last week I started making hangers for the wardrobe, that I haven't built yet.... I thought it was a lot harder than it looks =) I looked at this tutorial: http://www.polyvore.com/diy_mini_clothes_hanger_with/set?id=81396077 Mine are not this beautiful..
I also did a a very odd looking dress, the waist is VERY thin and the whole dress is to small.. it just shrunk after I was done stitching..  I most have forgotten the seam allowance... I will try to make a better dress later.
I used one of my hangers to this dress =) I think I would like lots of cloths hanging in my wardrobe (that I haven't built yet...)

I was a bit disappointed with the result, so I started making a bag instead =) Out of binder clips =) I guess all mini-makers knows about this, but if you haven't heard of it, check this out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2zOmuwW-k
I should have bought regular ones with silver on top. But I found these cute and cheep coloured ones.. but they didn't really fit being bags, because of the coloured top... but they are OK, but very small =)
This is my first one =)
I just realized I'm not done, I haven't done the handle yet =) But like always, I stopped when I didn't get a 100% happy with the result... But it might look better if I actually finish it ;)

But I started sewing again instead after I saw this tutorial: http://amberatti.blogspot.se/2013/08/112-scale-camisole-tutorial.html 
This might be a bit too old fashion for my house, but I think it can work in a modern house too =) This is my first try:

Front
Back
I don't know if I should add buttons, we will see =)
I might just do some more =) It was fun, and it was a good pattern (I had to draw it by hand looking at the screen, because my printer wont work, but I think the pattern turned out well) 

And as I didn't have enough to do, I started on a bed today ;)
I'm very insecure when it comes to wood, I don't have a great working place for it (I had to saw this pieces on my balcony) and I'm not that good with wood. But it will be fun trying =)

This might not look like a bed ;) But I made this construction just to let the glue dry in the right angle =)
Hopefully I will be able to continue with this tomorrow =)
It's both hard and fun =)

Like always I'm working on several things and I have a thousand ideas and I don't know were to begin =) But I hope it will result in one great house one day ;)

Take care
Hannah


20 comments:

  1. All your lovely details will make it fantastic!

    I do love your little white shirt, well done hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It was so much easier to make mini-cloths when I had a tutorial to look at =)

      Delete
  2. The dress looks so fine. When I was on holiday in Paris and saw Leah's shop, I was amazed at how thin and fine her clothing was your dress also looks fine and thin. Nice bag and delicate blouse. thanks for the links.
    Good luck with the bed and the house.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very kind, but I hope I get better after some practice =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah, thanks for showing your latest projects, the camisole you made after Sarah's tutorial is great. And how clever to use LEGO when you glue your pieces together! Hugs, Liduina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I saw people using Lego for support before and tried it, but didn't know how to get it to work, but I got the tip to use masking tape and Lego, and now it worked =) (or it is Duplo, larger than Lego, but same manufacturer) =)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pieces. Thanks for the links.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you are welcome =) Hope you can get use of the tutorials too =)

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    Cute hangers, thank you for the link!
    I like the blouse very much!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gusta como te ha quedado la blusa. Efectivamente has conseguido darle un toque mas moderno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like it that the pattern is useful in many stiles and I might just be able to do another kind of blouse from the original pattern too =)

      Delete
  7. I think you did a very nice job! Thanks a lot for the link.
    mini hugs, Conny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgetting seam allowance has happened to me many many times. I like the fabric though. The blouse is gorgeous. I can't wait to see your little bed.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the fabric is beautiful, I hope I can do another dress that is as beautiful as the fabric =)

      Delete
  9. Hi Hannah, thanks for using the tutorial and getting in touch, so happy to see it was used. I really like it without the buttons too! :)

    P.s. Your needlepoint rug is gorgeous! I finished my own last night, FINALLY, time consuming little things aren't they :D but well worth it! Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      I'm working on my second mini-rug now, the first took 6 month, I hope this one will go faster =) But I'm only stitching a couple of stitches a day.. so it takes a lot of time =) But its fun =)

      Delete
  10. Allt ser jättefint ut. Oj vad du har varit flitig!!

    Lil på Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Jag passar på, man vet aldrig när jag får mindre tid till pyssel igen =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah