I cut two wooden sticks in the length of 11,5 cm and two 17cm long. I do wish that I had made the sides 13cm instead, but this works too =)
Like I said in another post I used Lego (or actually Duplo) and masking tape for support while the glue for the frame dried. In Swedish Biltema they sell sticks that are suitable for dollhouse furniture =) Quite cheep but a bit hard, but good for building.
I glued popsicles on the inside, to support the ribs (or should I say splint instead??? I'm not talking about ribs on a human being ;) But somehow I just thought I could use that word here too...) I used Panduros quick glue. Dried quick enough =) but I took some clothe-spins just in case...
Then I made the ribs/ splints for supporting the mattress. (Yes that is a couple of sponges you see in the back, will get back to that later...)
Then came the legs. I had a lot of fun doing this bed, until the legs.... Why does it has to be 4 of them?! I made them out of a square long stick, that I found outside after new years eve, a rocket-stick of some kind. I do hate new years eve actually, but I like finding these great sticks ;)
But it was hard getting all the legs in the same length, as soon as I sanded a little on one, that one was shorter than the rest.. and to get them to stay in the right position was quite hard. But I had placed the splints close enough so that they give a bit of support for the legs too =)
And with a little masking tape I think I manage to make a relatively flat bed... One leg may be longer than the other, but it doesn't look awful, so I'm happy =)
The frame is done, now to the mattress =)
Here came the sponges =) I removed the green top and used only the soft part =)
And as I guessed they shine trough...But I took another piece of sheet and then it looks better
I'm thinking of doing a headboard too, but I have to think about that, so this is how the bed looks like now =) In the bedroom. I will make a quilt and some pillows too, but I don't know when ;)