Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Celebrating some rings with cake


I haven't really come back to the daily life after all holidays yet... I have a lot on my mind right now.. So I haven't post anything since last year (as you can see...) =) Hope you all will have a great 2014. I most say I hope I will get a great year too ;) I've had a good start so far. But not much time for minis...
But here is what I have been up to lately, except shopping, celebrating new years eve at my mum's and enjoying having my husband home all day long for several days in a row =) (Me, I'm always home since I'm some kind of housewife, the kind that cleans the house and makes minis, but hates to cook ;) )

Anyway I realized Konrad and Lisbeth didn't have wedding rings.. At least in Sweden it's common to have one golden ring on the left ring-finger if we are engaged, and the girl has two rings if she is married, but the guy just get his one =) (He can get two, but one is more common)
I have 2 rings myself, and of course I remember getting them very well ;) The first engagement ring was very exiting to get. We ordered it without anyone knowing. And took them with us on a pick-nick. That was one of the luckiest days of my life. It was a hot and beautiful summer day and we went for a swim in a lake. I remember how I tried swimming with my hand tightly holding on to the ring, with a closed fist, very hard to swim that way ;) But I was very afraid to lose the ring =)
And at the wedding I was very nervous. But it was a perfect day too =) And I'm glad I got to share it with so many people that I love.
Now I can remember all this happy moments just by looking at my rings, so off course my dollhouse dolls have to have a thing like that, to remember their wedding. I imagine it was beautiful, a wonderful summer day I think, just like mine ;)
I get stuck in all these writing as usual... ;) But here is a picture, I painted some rings on their fingers =)


And when I finally got that little thing done, I started baking a cake, in miniature of course, I'm not the baking kind of housewife either.... (too bad, because I love eating cakes and good food) =) 

The cake tin is made out of candle-holders, the same thing I used for the washing machine =) I got the idea when I was looking at Kikkas blog, this peticular post =)
I cut it in pieces and used a lot of glue.. This was not the easiest thing to glue.. It might have been easier to use paper, and paint it. But I thought this would look good, but it was a bit hard to attach the bottom...

The cake is made of air-drying clay (that I got from Sara in a swap last year) unfortunately it had already started to dry, but I could chop it up and use it. And on the top I added some deco glue that I got from Sushi flavour's webshop.
This is suppose to look like my mum's favourite cake =) A chocolate cake, "kladdkaka", easy to make, in real life =) and very tasty. 

Lisbet and Konrad thought this cake was perfect for celebrating the fact that they finally got their rings =)
(I'm amazed they manage to make a cake in such a unfinished kitchen ;) )

Take care
Hannah

20 comments:

  1. Me ha gustado la historia de tus anillos. Y el psatelito de celebración, aunque no te guste cocinar, ha quedado genial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel =) I like "cooking" in miniature much better than in "real life" =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah,
    I love the idea of adding the rings to Lisbet & Konrad. My rings make me smile too as I remember my engagement & wedding. :-)
    You cake pan turned out beautifully. It looks very real & your cake looks yummy enough to eat.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! It's amazing how many happy feelings a simple ring can bring, I get a bit happy just by looking at the dolls now too =)
      And I do love chocolate, but I don't think this cake will be as tasty as it looks, but that deco glue sure looks tasty.. ;)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a lovely engagement party. Your cake tin is so lifelike well made. Continued Happy New Year to you.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wyrna! And a continued happy new year to you too =)

      Delete
  4. What a cute post! The baby is on the way, they have the rings, and the cake is in the oven--perfect! I love hearing about your happy memories--so sweet! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I can live long on happy memories, I tend to collect them, like I collect a lot of stuff ;)

      Delete
  5. Nice rings! They make a very happy couple. The cake looks yummy!
    Happy New Year!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all your celebrations were happy! Life doesn't return for me till about February ;P.. I need to rest up !

    The rings are a nice touch, and the cake looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I get tired of resting ;) And now I'm working a little bit day by day, but my blog-reading is not up to normal speed yet... =)

      Delete
  7. Muy bonita historia, el molde te ha quedado genial y el pastel se ve delicioso.
    Feliz año
    Besitos
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. When there's a longing for a cake then there must be a way to get one - may the kitchen be finished or not... ;O) Lovely post - especially because you're so much caring about little but important details. Happy New Year to you!

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Birgit! Since I have all the time in the world to work on this house and family, I hope to get as mush details as I can =) Happy new year =)

      Delete
  9. Congrats <3 to the very Happy couple :)
    I am so pleased you were able to use the cake pan idea for the celebration, you should see the smile in my face now! Your Cake pan looks fabulous and with the cake th whole looks so yummy that I have water in my mouth!
    Yes I can share the feeling of the rings...
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kikka! I'm so glad you liked it, it's easier to see flaws on my own work, and see how perfect everyone else's are.. like your cake pans looked perfect, but mine are more of a mess ;)

      Delete
  10. How clever to use a candle tin for a springform pan! I love it!!! :) So glad I found your blog as you have very clever ideas. I would love for you to stop by and check out my giveaway! http://www.toddlindsey.com/2014/01/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey =)
      I just returned from your giveaway, thanks for telling me about it =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah