Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A new "tool"

First I like to say: Thank you!! For all the kind comments and encouragement on my last post! I'm very hard on myself, and never think my stuff will be good enough on a fair. But like I said, I will be happy even if I dont sell anything. Like in a game, it's not most important to win, the important thing is to participate and have fun. And I think it will be fun =) Now to my new "tool" =)

We bought a laser printer awhile ago. I've only had inkjet printers before, and they always stop working properly after awhile.. so we wanted to try laser this time, so far, so good =)
I tried it by printing some miniatures =)

This is my temporary refrigerator and pantry, I did bought it for my daughter, its made of wood and great for small kids, but I kinda liked it myself.. ;) But I would love to build one myself, later. And I would love a real pantry in my kitchen, but there aren't enough room for one.. =( Like our real kitchen, we don't have a pantry, we just have smaller cupboards as pantry. I'll build that for my mini house as well. And I hope to fill them with mini packages =) So far I got some cacao and "kalaspuffar"/ Honey monster ;) And sugar (That didn't make it to the picture...)

Now when I was working with paper I also found this magazine in a drawer =) This magazine is not printed by me, I cut it out from a life size magazine =) I love how they showed the content in miniature at the first page =) Great just to cut out and glue together =)


And I also found this alarm clock that I printed several years ago, on a inkjet printer back when I lived with my mum. We had a few printers through the years, and like I said every one of them broke after a few years.. I really hope this laser printer will be better and last many years!

I guess there will be many more paper projects later on =) I'm working on a pattern for a "tin box" right now =) It's a lot of fun to have our own printer =)
But finally some "sad news", my camera is getting worse =(

I glazed my pies... but got a terrible picture of it, some times I get a good picture, and sometimes I get a black one, or a one like that.. =( Would be great if it just started working like it use to, but I'm afraid it will get even worse day by day from now on =( Well my husband has a better camera, so I could ask him to take pictures for me, but its nice to have my own camera and take pictures every now and then...
But like I said, now and then I get a good picture, so I'll have to try a bit harder from now on.

Take Care
Hannah

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting along very well already, your new toy and you... ;O) Hope your camera will recover soon... ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit =)
      The camera is 10 years old, so it might be to old to recover... =( But I still hope it will =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah, I like your printies very much, and the magazine is so cute! Your pies are gorgeous and look very tasty! Congratulations on your new printer--I know you'll have fun with it! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now to become addicted to printies! They look perfect. I too am dealing with a aging camera, I think the common cell phone has about 10000 more megapixles than my camera at this point ;P

    The pies look great even under the wobbly lines ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my cell phone most be as old as my camera =) In Sweden we say "mobil-telefon", but mine has stopped being mobile... even when I change the battery, it cant work long without the cord... I might need both a new phone and a camera, but I'm not much for phones, so I cope with my old one =) and I'm "always" at home, so I dont need to be that mobile ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Hanna,
    have fun with your printer, sorry to hear about your camera I think the quality has gone down hill with our electronics I've had so many problems with my stuff it's not funny.

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think new electronic isn't made to last that long, just so that we will go out and buy new things all the time..

      Delete
  5. Dejligt for dig at du har fået en ny printer, den skal nok holde længe, det er et godt mærke. Det er umuligt at undvære en printer i denne hobby. Enjoy.
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Wyrna! Ja, det verkar vara ett bra märke, så vi hoppas det stämmer =)

      Delete
  6. Parece que la impresora te va a dar un buen servicio.Lo de la cámara, es otra historia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the printer will be a good one =) And I guess the camera needs to be replaced in a near future..

      Delete
  7. We're all hard on ourselves. I never like my work right after I finish it. I have to put it away and take it out some weeks later. Or I look back at pictures and I think - hey! that was pretty good!
    Printers are very weird. I have had a laser one and it didn't last any longer than others. Then I got mad and bought a very simple and cheap Canon and it's still working. Go figure!
    My camera also had that problem after I dropped it a couple of times. Ooops!. It just got worse and worse. But now the pictures look like a very old film camera. It's kinda neat. But I hate to tell you this- you're gonna have to get a new camera too. We have so much in common!
    Happy printing!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! I most say I'm surprised you feel that way too, your things are always great =) But I guess its common to be a little hard on ourselves. It's great that we have blogfriends telling us our things are good, so that we can see it ourselves too =)
      Yes, I might have to plan for a new camera soon.. =(

      Delete
  8. Hi Hannah! So nice that you can finally print all you like!!! It must be very frustrating wanting to do something and not being able to. I'm sorry for your camera not working, I'm sure your pies look much better than on the pic!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simona!
      Its fun to be able to print anything, I can print both mini packages and patterns for my embroideries all by myself now =)

      Delete
  9. Wow, wonderful that you have got the new printer, Congrats!
    I am sure your pie look gorgeous, the cameras don't always bahave the way they should ;)
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how we can make our mini scenes into our dream spaces that we will never be able to have, haha. Hope you are enjoying your new printer! Seems to be printing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey, I really like having a printer now =)

      Delete
  11. Hi Hannah, sorry to hear about your camera, same thing happened to me, I think it was caused by removing the memory card when the camera was still on, but I am not sure. The fabrics are gorgeous, you're just like me about fabric, afraid to cut it :D The animals are so cute! You should use your new printer to make little carry home boxes for them at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! The camera is getting old, but it still works from time to time.
      Thank you for the tip, I have to look up carry homes on the net, never seen one in real life I think =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah