Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mini BenJi

I started working on my first clay/wool dog awhile ago. And wanted to make mums dog in miniature, to give her on her birthday. I have been thinking of making a miniature of him for years now, but always end up thinking it was too hard. But then I finally started and the real dog got to see the unfinished one before he passed away. When he died (about a month ago) I felt like I had to make the best mini dog ever.. hard to live up to =(
"Funny" how I think of doing a miniature for years, and when I finally do, the real dog dies.. Not the best time to work on this, I was about to cry every time I tried finish him.. But I got done, a few hours before the birthday party..
He was a mixed breed, shih tzu, lhasa apso and tibetan spaniel and a few more breeds further back too. A unique dog that is =)


Here is BenJi wondering what I was working on while we was "babysitting" one day. (Last time he was here..) My daughter took her role as a babysitter very serious, she took good care of him and wanted him to have a nice stay at our place =)

This very unfinished picture just reminded me of one day he and I was out, the wind blew really hard that day, and he was just a little puppy and the fur stood up, all over =) He looked kinda like this =)

 Finished?!
I had to stop sometime, it was hard, I thought I could do better all the time, and added and remade things all the time, then I just had to put a stop to myself and say that I was done! Which I did (but look at the last picture, I did add some more white fur on the nose one last time before wrapping the gift..)


Visiting my dollhouse



I added a bit more white to the nose and tail, and then I decided I was done =)
I wasn't totally satisfied, but this is my first dog, I might get better at this in a few years, and maybe I'll do another one then.. But I have to say he is kinda cute, even do he might not look just like the "original".

Take care
Hannah


24 comments:

  1. Hi! What a lovely puppy! So very cute! You have done wonderful work!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kikka! My mother seemed very happy for the gift.

      Delete
  2. It is hard to lose a beloved pet. I love your dog he is fantastic. Wonderful job.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I did my best to do him justice.

      Delete
  3. He's VERY cute, Hannah! What a wonderful gift for your mother! He's adorable! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is great. It is so hard to lose a pet - a member of the family. I love the picture of him checking out what you are working on. And I love the story of how the wind blew all his hair when he was a puppy. All the best, Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penelope! Some were there is a picture of that day, when the wind messed up his hair style =) Wish I could find it, but I think it is a paper print, not on the computer, but somewhere I know I have it =)

      Delete
  5. A beautiful tribute! Fantastic work. I hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, I don't think you need to worry about "getting better" at sculpting, Mini Benji is absolutely adorable! You made him exactly like Benji. I bet your Mum loves him as much as RL Benji. You have a gift for making clay and fuzz into 3D art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me blush =) Thank you Susan for your sweet words!!

      Delete
  7. Adorable little dog. It's nice that you created it in homage to your beloved pet.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. О, какой милый щенок! Вы сделали прекрасную работу.
    Я сожалею, что вы потеряли любимую собаку...
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little dog turned out so lovely... a wonderful first doggie job. And I have no doubt your Mom was over the moon with this special memory of her furry friend made with so much love by you.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Birgit, I do think she was very happy for the gift.

      Delete
  10. Love, love, love it! Looks like the real doggie! I see you are on an Etsy break, but let me know how much one of these cuties would cost! My dollhouse needs a real furry pet instead of a plastic one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey!!
      I have no idea how long that Etsy break will go on, I haven't been in the mood for selling.. But it feels better to sell to people I "know" =) So if you like you can always send me an email and tell me what you were thinking of, and I can try set a price (I think it's very hard to price my own things, but I'll give it a try =) ) And if you aren't in a rush I might be able to try make something for you!
      You can email me at: hannahsminiatyrer @ gmail. com

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah