Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Even more cats and dogs =)

Last Sunday Stockholm had the miniature fair, without me. Seem to have gone very well.. Just me sitting at home missing it..
Here are some pictures from the fair:
http://skalaminimal.blogspot.se/2015/03/stockholms-miniatyrmassa.html?spref=fb

http://mobil.svd.se/nyheter/svep/hapnadsvackande-bilder-fran-miniatyrmassan_svd-4429831/se-bakverk-och-hel-skoaffar-i-miniatyr_svd-4429867

I so wish I was there.. But I couldn't this year, and I have some other Big plans for this autumn, will tell you all about that later =) but that means I can't go to the fair this autumn either. I feel a sudden need to attend a fair.. Have to go again!! But I have to wait..
I'm thinking of collecting a few (hopefully hundreds) of things for a future fair. My daughter said she wants to join this time, I think she might have gotten big enough soon. She would make the cutest salesgirl ever!! I'll sell lots with that cute face at my table ;)
But I have to wait and see what the future brings. And I still do my things just for fun, no selling, and that works great. I have done a few more things I wanted to show =)

Still working on the "rainbow" of teddy bears =) I have a few more colours to try out!

I have been working on eyes. It's so hard to make them in miniature, eyes are never only one colour. They can have hundreds of shades in it, and that is so hard to capture.. But I try to get better and better and try different alternatives.
So far I've tried wool, polymer clay, polymer clay with paint, cane of polymer clay. Nothing is perfect, but some gets OK.

I made a cane with lots of different brown colours, the cane was far from perfect, but with a little paint I think these eyes works for my new poodle. I think it looks better in real life, looks a bit to big and staring on photo =)


One of my first poodles had both wool nose and eyes. I think the new poodle is a bit better than the first one, so I hope I have gotten better =)

This brown little poodle got black round polymer clay eyes that I painted brown, black and white.

I think it looks like a playful puppy =)

And finally a sleeping puppy Labrador. But, guess what, I haven't done the eyes yet =) I think this one will have sewn sleeping eyes.

Now to some cats.

 This sceptic cat has wool eyes, a bit too dark blue, but I think I'll let them be.
Let's see what he is so sceptic about...

The cat: Hey! What are you doing? You wanna play, with ME? Don't even think about it you crazy dog!

I gave the cat from my last post polymer clay eyes with some paint. Can't decide if I like it or not.. Maybe I should paint a bit more black, around the eyes?! I don't know.. Maybe the eyes are just a bit too big?!

A grey cat with wool eyes.

I hope my creativity will keep flowing =) I have a fun time making new animals. I just love sitting out on the balcony in the sun creating. =)
But guess what, my daughter got a cold again, but this time I will not get it after her, I can't get yet another cold, I'm too sick of that! So this time I refuse to get sick ;) (Will see how that works out for me...)

Take care
Hannah


30 comments:

  1. Hannah, super:)))
    they are so tiny, mi-mi-mi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poodles are absolutely adorable. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very convincing concept to refuse to take any more germs - I hope this works for you, maybe we can adopt that method then... ;O) But without kidding, sorry to hear your future sales star is sick again, poor little girl. But it's great to see your creativity flow and it's nice to see the various eyes and how they change the character of the critter somehow. For example the cat with the blue eyes looks more like a cartoon cat that way which is nice for a toy in my opinion. And I really liked your rainbow parade of mini teddies! ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe I didn't try that earlier, but then the germs came to me first, so it was a big surprise, this time I'm prepared, with my refusing attitude! =)
      My daughter is still happy, she plays and laugh anyway, she handles it better then me, that gets all cranky when I'm sick =)

      Yes, eyes can totally change everything, I have to try find something that I can be happy with, or just keep doing them different. That is kind of fun to, not getting stuck in a certain way, now I have different options to try for all animals.

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah! I love your rainbow of teddy bears, they are wonderful and super cute :D! The doggies and cats are wonderful too and yes: creating the eyes of an animal is rather difficult! I think that your animal eyes are well made. Have you tried to put a tiny drop of brilliant glaze on the eye, after you've painted with acrylic paint? Perhaps you can remove the white stip of paint and instead of it you put some glaze on the eye.
    I think you have to experiment a bit more with painting the eyes of your cute animals. It's always a matter of practise, just like with all things in miniature :)!
    Take good care for yourself and let the (miniature) flow come to you ;)!
    Warm hug, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilona! I have been thinking of glaze, but I have been a bit lazy to really look it up. I did buy glaze for a floor I wanted more shiny, and today I finally tried that one =) I would like even more shine, but maybe this is enough, I have to show a new picture of that later. I will keep working on eyes, its both annoying and fun to experiment, I often get tired and bored if my experiments doesn't turn out the way I want, at first try, but I have to learn to keep trying =)

      Delete
  5. Que colección más bonita de perros y gatitos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your new Teddies, cats and dogs! They are so charming with their special features and specially the eyes. The Teddy, the fifth from the left is so sure to have something to tell, I wish I could come to listen him :)
    And the grey cat with the wool eyes is adorable!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kikka!! Hopefully the teddy bears have lots to tell the dollhouse dolls after dark =) In a TV-show for kids I saw dolls and toys come to live when people sleep, I wish mine would do that too =) (and that I could stay up and watch them play =) )

      Delete
  7. I love your dogs and cats, Hannah! You put them in such fun positions! I'm glad you're having fun again, now that you're not having to deal with that Etsy shop. Your experiments with eyes are interesting, and I look forward to seeing more. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I think positions are hard, I always study animal pictures, how they sit and stand, but my animal always have a will of their own, they lye/stand/sit how ever they like, I just have to follow them and make them as they wish =)
      I made some more eye-experiments today, and I hope to keep working on that and show more pictures later. =)

      Delete
  8. El arco iris de osos está quedando genial!!! Y todos esos perros y gatos son adorables!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your teddies. Your cats and dogs are very cute. Your experiments with the eyes is fantastic and very interesting. Wishing you good health :)
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I still haven't gotten sick yet =) but my daughter has started coughing, but I hope it will be over soon. Until then we take it easy and spend our days crafting and reading books =)

      Delete
  10. Привет Ханна!
    Вы сделали большую работу! Ваши разноцветные медведи очень хорошо смотрятся! Ваш пудель с новыми глазами и носом, смотрится как живой, веселый щенок! Ваши новые коты и собаки очень симпатичные!
    Вы берегите себя и заботьтесь о здоровье вашей маленькой девочки!
    Обнимаю
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tatiana! I hope some restful days will keep us to better health and hopefully we even get to do a lot of crafting together while resting =)

      Delete
  11. They are all such fantastic little creatures! Just adorable to the max!!! I'm sorry about your poor daughter! I hope she gets better really really quickly. And you stay healthy! Eat an apple. LOL!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline =) Actually I eat an apple, an orange and a spoon of honey everyday, hope it helps =)

      Delete
  12. Hi Hannah, I admire your attitude : refuse to get sick, haha, I really hope it works after all those flus and colds, enough is enough, but I hope your daughter gets better any minut .
    Your dogs and cats are amazing, they all have a different expression and there for their own personality, I love that :)
    Your experiments with the eyes is very interesting, I´m very curious to here (read ) mor about it .
    So STAY healhty and have a wunderful sunny weekend !

    Warm hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mieke! My daughter is slowly getting better and my refusing attitude worked, I didn't get the cold =) Hope you had a great weekend, we had rain, but I got to rest a lot =)

      Delete
  13. You know I love your fuzzy babies, its good to have fun and just create from time to time! I love the eyes and the noses with clay adds another dimension

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hej Hannah!
    Så söta dina djur är! Härliga personligheter. Kul att du kommit igång igen. Hoppas din dotter snart är på bättringsvägen. Vi behöver vår nu så att vi piggar på oss.
    Kram Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Titti!! Ja, nu vill jag bara ha mer och mer sol, men i helgen har vi haft det regnigt och tråkigt, men det är ju bra väder för att stanna inne och pyssla =)

      Delete
  15. I love the whole rainbow of bears! And the dogs! It's great that you are working again. They are all wonderful. And your daughter will have a great time selling with you. During the summer, my daughter made some little animals and miniatures from Fimo clay and then sold them at the children's part of a summer art fair, and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to read that your daughter got to sell her stuff at a fair! We don't have any art fair here, but I think my daughter will enjoy follow me to a miniature fair in the future =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah