Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Funny Bunny

I thought it was about time to post some miniatures again, and about time I tried making some new ones =) 
I really want to be great at making miniature animals and dolls. I've tried dolls several times but I always end up disappointed with my result.. Animals are also very hard. I have made a few needle felted animals I really like, but I can't say they are lifelike, more cute and like plush animals. That's great too, love those too, but I wanted to make some lifelike animals too.. and tried flocking a few years ago. Disaster.. tried again, not good. And again, first it looked like yet another disaster, but in the end, I kinda like it. Not the rabbit I thought it would be (I should have learned by now that nothing ever ends up the way I think, it's the clay and the wool that decides...), but this got to be an OK "lejonhuvad kanin" (I don't know the word for this type of rabbit in English, direct translated from Swedish it would be: Lion headed rabbit.)

 I made a quite simple "base" out of polymer clay.

Added some paint. And then I started gluing wool-yarn to the body. I have been admiring Steve Panners work for quite some time, and when he posted this turorial on Youtube, I had to try this once more, even do I said to myself that this is not my thing, and I just can't do it.. But I guess "practise makes perfect" (or in my case, no longer disaster)

Finished rabbit:
 I added an extra nose of pink polymer clay too, I thought the original one disappeared in the wool =)

I'm not that pleased with the result from this view, the nose is a bit weird.. But it's OK, for being my first clay/wool rabbit ever..

From this view I kinda like it =) Now I'm super excited to try a cat or a dog or more rabbits, but right now I have to go to sleep, and this week and weekend I have no time, so I have to wait several days until I can try this again, I hope I haven't lost the will to do it by then =)
(And yes, I finally feel better from the nasty cold I got, still a sore throat in the mornings, but I'm getting better =) )

Take care
Hannah

26 comments:

  1. Hannah a mi me parece que ha quedado muy gracioso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, Your rabbit is adorable! I'm glad you keep trying, because your mini critters are all so cute! Glad you're feeling better--YAY! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I don't have the same patience that I use too, I give up easily, but sometimes if I let things be for awhile, I can try again later and get more satisfied with my work =) It's fun when it comes out OK in the end, and I like learning new things.

      Delete
  3. Wow how adorable Bunny! Very cute!
    Fine work!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kikka!! I hope to make a miniature one day, of my first pet, a wonderful rabbit =) I want to practice a bit more first =)

      Delete
  4. Вы молодец! Ваш первый кролик выглядит очаровательно!
    Приятно слышать, что вы чувствуете себя лучше!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tatiana! I have been sick for so long, it is very nice to start to feel better now, good for the creativity too =)

      Delete
  5. Hej Hannah!
    Vilken jättegullig kanin du har fått till! Som du skriver övning ger färdighet önskar bara att man hade mer tid. Vad använder du för ull till dina djur?
    Hoppas få se mer sötingar gjorda av dig! :) god fortsättning på nya året
    Kram Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Titti! Till de nålfiltade djuren har jag kardad ull, mest från Panduro, men har även köpt av fårägare på nätet (blir betydligt billigare än Panduro) Till denna kanin tog jag ett ullgarn, samo, finns i flera färger (har även nåltovat sånt garn)
      God fortsättning till dig och de dina med!
      Kram

      Delete
  6. I love your rabbit he is so cute. Great work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks totally different before and after gluing wool-yarn to the base. Before, yes it's funny. But after, it turns out to be a super cute furry bunny. Love it! Great job just like your other miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really a big transformation, from clay to fur =) Hard to know what it will look like in the end when it's such a big difference, but it's fun to get a surprise in the end =)

      Delete
  8. The bunny is very cute...great work! Keep at it, because I believe you have a great talent for these little creatures.
    Hugs,
    Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunny turned out awesome - it doesn't look like a first attempt at all. I really hope you're keeping up with this kind of stuff. And it's great to hear your health is improving!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Birgit! My first dog looked like a tiny very ugly cow... I'm glad this one actually became a bunny after all =)

      Delete
  10. Te ha quedado monísimo! Cambia mucho con la lana, se ve mas real.
    Besitos
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. ¡Lo encuentro muy lindo! un buen trabajo, Hannah. Un beso y ¡feliz 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness hes AMAZING!! I love his little lop look :) you did a fantastic job just from the start! I do think a new artistian skill is emerging madam!
    Hugs~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, you're so sweet =) I hope I get to try this method again soon!!

      Delete
  13. I'm wordless - so wonderful work! Hugs!
    Paulakum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Paulakum! I'm a big fan of your sculpted dolls! I hope I will get better and better at sculpting myself =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah