Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mini-Bä

Thank you all for your kind words about my rug tutorial, it was my first video ever, hope there will be more =) And thanks for the kind words about the music by my husband too. I'm very proud of him, he is a great composer and he can play all instruments (at least guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, flute, I might forget something, but I'm sure he could play what ever instrument that comes across his hands =) ) OK that will have to finish my bragging about my husband ;)
From my husband to my daughter =) She is the best girl in the whole wide world, and she is a fan of my miniatures, but she never get anything that I made.. until a week ago..

I'm very found of the miniature nursery and toys. I guess that's why I can't stop making teddy bears and toys, I hope I'll get to do a miniature toy store one day. But now to my latest mini-toy =)
My daughter has a favourite toy/blanket sheep that she got as a baby, and she loves it very much and calls her "Bä" (The sound a Swedish sheep say =) ) Bä follow us everywhere! At the beginning she was white.. but now she has her own, worn look... =)
I thought it would be fun to have a mini-Bä in my nursery, so I needle felted one. Then I felt a bit bad to keep it for myself, so I did another one for my daughters dollhouse.
I put it in her house and waited for her to see it =) And she said: Oh a baby Bä. Bä has become a mum! She was very pleased =) And now mini-baby-Bä is playing with Bä. He is so small I'm a bit afraid he will get lost soon, but I guess that's life when you give small kids very tiny things.. (A week has now past since I made him, and mini-Bä is lost from time to time, but we always manage to find him in the end) =)




 Bä meeting mini-Bä for the first time, they kiss and cuddle.

There is something very exciting on the TV, all the smurfs and the dollhouse dolls are lined up in the living room for some TV.
And Bä and mini-Bä got to look at the telly as well =)

Giving her one thing I made, made her want more.. =) So I'm working on a mini-pram she has been asking for.. Maybe I'll have to make two of everything from now on, so that she can get one.. or just hide away my stuff like I used too ;)

Last but not least, the teddy bears, they seem to increase =) These are the colours I made so far. It's fun to make them in different colours, I'm working on a beige and yellow one too =)



Take care
Hannah

33 comments:

  1. Ba is a wonderful toy and inspiration!..The lammy is perfect! Snuggle baby ;)

    Your teddy bears are just awesome Hannah! I am lucky to have your felted minis, they are just wonderful!

    Mommy is always busy, I told you eventually it will be one for you one for me :P

    Hugs~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you Jane, when I realized you were right, she will just ask for more and more stuff =) I thought it would take a few more years.. but I have only myself to blame, starting to making mini-Bä's like that ;)
      I'm so glad you like my felted things, I like making them =)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet story about your daughter, Hannah! I love when she said, "Ba had a baby!" So, so cute! Ba and the bears are adorable--love your work! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! My girl is so sweet, and it's a lot of fun now when she talks more =) We have been talking about how I became a mom when I got her, that I haven't always been a mum, I think she was thinking of that =) And she was very pleased that Bä got to be a mum too =)

      Delete
  3. Aw, Hannah, such a sweet story: how Bä got a mini Bä :)! I must say that mini-Bä is sweet and so adorable ;)! Your felted bears are really gorgeous, maybe you can make them in all colors of the rainbow :D! Maybe you also can needle felting more Bä's in miniature? Also in all colors of the rainbow, it's just an idea..?
    I loved to see that all the smurfs and dollhouse dolls are sitting for the TV :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilona! I was thinking rainbow too =) I don't know if I have all the colours I could need for a rainbow line of teddies =) But I'll keep doing them in different colours. Just making the same shape in the same colour can get a bit boring, but switching colours now and then makes it much more exiting =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah! Love your story... Mini Ba is super cute!
    And the Teddies..just Love them all! You are so talented!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kikka!
      I got a bit hooked at teddy bears right now, but I still have time for some secret advent swap things =)

      Delete
  5. Whether the big nor the little Bä would have problems to communicate with German sheep... ;O) What a lovely and cute miniature little Bä is... what a great way to do something special for your daughter. And I really like your colourful bears on parade... well... there are still plenty of colours left!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Birgit! I know for example the pig say nöff in Sweden, but in English it say oink, they would have a hard time understanding one another =) And ä doesn't even exist in English, so I'm glad some animals can talk the same way in some countries at least ;)

      Yes, so many colours left, when I was looking at your blog before, I realized I had to have a yellow one, I liked your Sunny so much =) I wonder if me reading your blog have made me more and more hooked on bears =)

      Delete
  6. The little Ba is gorgeous no wonder your daughter was happy :) Your colourful teddies are fantastic.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Hannah!!! La pequeña Ba es preciosa y tus osos multicolores también. Bonitos trabajos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Bä is so cute. Your daughter is so sweet. I'm sure your daughter is very proud of you too because she has a gifted mom who's good at making crafts. I like the look on your teddy bears' face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. El pequeño mini-ba es tan tierno y dulce,resulta encantador!!!
    Y la colección de osos de peluche es preciosa,en tantos colores!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Привет Ханна! Как приятно читать о вашей дочке! Такая милая и сладкая девочка! Она очень счастлива! Ее мама может сделать любую игрушку! Ваши медведи очень милые.Так интересно сидят в одном ряду!
    Обнимаю
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ba and the bears are so cute! No wonder your daughter is happy.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ba is so cute! I love all the teddy bears in a row too. You are so talented with those mini animals!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that story with your daughter! She is so lucky to have a crafting mommy like you! Your teddy bears are super cute and they do resemble Ba very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I had very high hope in involving my daughter in some craft projects, but I'm very bad at it.. Maybe she is still a bit too young, but when it comes to child-friendly-craft I have bad imagination.. But I hope to craft more together in the future. =)

      Delete
  14. Aw Mini ba is so cute! I love that you put in the house for your daughter to find whilst playing. She will remember that when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I have wonderful memories from this house when I was a kid, and I'm glad my daughter get to play with the same house, hope she will love it at least half as much as I did =) And hopefully I can fill it with some personal mini things to make it even better =)

      Delete
  15. Oh how small !! They are very tender congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Hannah! :) The row of colorful bears are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey =) I hope the row will get even longer soon =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah